Call for abstracts
Abstract acceptance letters have been sent out for EPSM & AOCMP 2019. If you have not received your submission result, please email email@example.com
*please take note of your allotted speaking time, oral slots are made up of either a 10 or 15 minute slot, you must allow for 2 minutes of questions within your alloted time
*please note poster numbers will be sent out in early October
Abstract submission has closed for EPSM & AOCMP 2019 to be held in Perth, Australia, 28 October to 30 October 2019.
Abstract acceptance will be emailed in early August.
10 June 2019: EPSM Abstract submission closed
30 June 2019: AOCMP Abstract submission closed
Early August: Abstract acceptance letters sent
31 August 2019: Deadline for earlybird registration
14 September 2019: Registration deadline for presenting authors
To secure your presentation in the Program, all presenting authors (oral and poster) must register and pay to attend the Conference. Registrations open 8 May 2019 and earlybird prices close on 31 August 2019.
For your details to be included in the Conference Program, you will need to have registered by 14 September 2019. If you have not registered by this date, we regret that your presentation will then be removed from the program to enable other presenters to take your timeslot.
Abstract Preparation Guidelines
When preparing an abstract please follow the guidelines below:
- Abstracts should be typed into the template and saved on your computer for later reference.
- The filename of the Word document should only contain alpha/numeric characters with no spaces.
- The abstract should be typed in Arial font, size 11pt.
- A total of two tables, graphs or images may be included in the body of your abstract. Images should be 300dpi and embedded in the Word document.
- The body of your abstract (including any tables, graphs or images) should not exceed 300 words in length.
- Your abstract should be structured as follows: Introduction, Methods, Results, Conclusion, References, and Acknowledgements (if applicable).
- Paragraphs must be separated by an empty line and must be fully justified. Do not indent the first line of a paragraph.
- All abstracts must be original work.
- Images, graphs and diagrams can be printed in colour and should be clear with legible typeface suitable for reproduction.
- All references should be written according to APESM journal format. Details can be found on the Springer APESM website under instructions to authors.
- The abstract must contain sufficient information and data to support any conclusions so that when published it should convey a complete account of the work.
- Upon submission of an abstract all authors of the abstract are aware of and agree to the publication of the abstract in the Conference collateral and in the official journal of the ACPSEM and AFOMP.
- Please check your abstract carefully as once submitted no further changes will be possible.
Instructions for Abstract Submission
- To register your abstract you need to have the following information:
- Preferred presentation type (oral or poster)
- The category under which you are submitting (see below)
- A biography of up to 50 words on the presenting author. These details can be amended up to the abstract submission closing date.
- After completing the online form, you will be prompted to ‘Upload new or revised abstract’.
- Select ‘Browse’ to locate the abstract file on your computer.
- Select ‘Upload Abstract’.
- Once you have completed the abstract submission process you will receive a confirmation email. If you do not receive an email within 24hrs, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Abstract selection will be based on clarity, scientific rigour, supporting data, significance, relevance, interest in the topic chosen, innovation and usefulness. The Conference Committee has the right to refuse or accept any submission, accept the submission as a poster or an oral presentation and allocate the paper to a different category than the one under which it as submitted.
Categories for submissions
Education and Professional Standards
Nuclear Medicine Physics
Radiation Oncology Medical Physics:
Image guidance and motion management
New technologies and techniques
Stereotactic radiotherapy and radiosurgery
Accepted abstracts will be available to all delegates and will be published in a volume of APESM early in 2020. Please note that the copyright of the conference proceedings belongs to EPSM, but the copyright of the individual abstracts belongs to the authors.