The EPSM Conference 2020 is committed to sustainability practice and reducing the impact on the environment. We encourage all attendees, sponsors, exhibitors, and suppliers to also consider environmentally friendly options in attending the Conference.
Our efforts to reduce our carbon footprint:
Please see below some of the initiatives underway with the organisers and suppliers for the 2020 Conference.
The Venue: Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre (BCEC)
- Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre strives to be a world leading socially and environmentally sustainable event facility through a balance of environmental, economic, social and cultural factors.
- BCEC received the Lord Mayor’s Business Awards’ Energex Award For Sustainability in Business. consecutively in 2015 and 2016.
- BCEC is a proud partner and supporter of Tangalooma EcoMarines, a not-for-profit foundation dedicated to protecting the marine and wildlife in Moreton Bay and local islands as well as the rivers and estuaries that feed into the bay.
- BCEC has EarthCheck Gold Certification for their environmental practices and achievements. The global certification program acknowledges the Centre’s compliance to the highest environmental standards.
- Visit the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre website to read more on their green initiatives, projects and sustainability achievements.
- Printed materials are kept to a minimum, with attendees encouraged to use electronic resources such as the conference website and app. A small number of program guides will only be printed as required at the registration desk for those that request one.
- Abstract materials are provided electronically only, via the website or app.
- Name badges use paper and lanyards that can be recycled.
- Conference bags are not provided.
- Sponsors and Exhibitors are requested to reflect positive environmental values and practices in their participation.
What can you do?
- The Hotels selected by the Conference are all located near to the Centre, within short walking distance. Where possible, we encourage you to walk between locations rather than taxi or drive.
- Please follow the waste separation instructions at the venue and at your accommodation.
- Tap water stations are available in the Centre, please bring your own reusable bottle.
- Please consider what printed materials you need.
- Please bring a reusable bag, if required, to carry your Conference materials.